At Downfield Primary School we follow Hertfordshire's Therapeutic Thinking approach to behaviour.
This is a therapeutic approach to positive behaviour management and is already well established in many education settings and services. The approach is based on the following principles:
- shared focus on inclusion of all children and young people within their educational settings
- a shared set of values and beliefs
- open and shared communication
- a shared commitment to diversion and de-escalation
- shared risk management
- shared reparation, reflection and restoration